“Ἁγίασον (Κύριε) τοὺς ἀγαπῶντας τὴν εὐπρέπειαν τοῦ οἴκου σου· σὺ αὐτοὺς ἀντιδόξασον τῇ θεϊκῇ σου δυνάμει, καὶ μὴ ἐγκαταλίπῃς ἡμᾶς τοὺς ἐλπίζοντας ἐπὶ σέ.” Όπως βλέπουμε στο σχετικό απόσπασμα από την οπισθάμβωνο ευχή, αλλά και σε πολλά αλλά σημεία σε κάθε ακολουθία, η Εκκλησία προσεύχεται αδιάκοπα για όσους υποστηρίζουν το έργο της. Στην Ελληνική Ορθόδοξη Διασπορά όπου γης και ιδιαίτερα στην Αμερική η οικονομική συμμετοχή μας στα έξοδα της εκκλησίας αποκτά πιο σημαντικό χαρακτήρα καθώς δεν υπάρχει η οικονομική υποστήριξη από το κράτος όπως υπάρχει στο μητροπολιτικό Ελλαδικό χώρο.
Sanctify (my Lord) those who love the beauty of Your house. Glorify them in return by Your divine power,and forsake us not who have set our hope in You.
As we see in the prayer behind the Pulpit (at the end of every Divine Liturgy), but also in many other places in each service, the Church prays unceasingly for those who support her ministries. In the Greek Orthodox Diaspora around the world and especially in America our financial participation in the expenses of the church acquires a more important character as there is no financial support from the state as it exists in the metropolitan area of Greece.
Orthodox Christian Stewardship is a way of life, which acknowledges accountability, reverence, and responsibility before God. A primary goal of Stewardship is to promote spiritual growth and strengthen faith. Becoming a Steward begins when we believe in God, to whom we give our love, loyalty, and trust, and act on those beliefs. As Stewards, we affirm that every aspect of our lives comes as a gift from Him. Stewardship calls on the faithful to cheerfully offer back to God a portion of the gifts with which they have been blessed.
Register in our parish
Oftentimes, people believe that if they attend Mass at a particular parish, they automatically belong. And while we all belong to God’s holy Church, we as a parish community want to get to know who we are.
By registering in our parish, you officially join the St George parish community. Membership requires signing up and formally enrolling yourself (and your children) in our parish. Registration is a commitment to a community and a way to be included in the religious, social, and ministerial activities of St George Church.
What is the role of a steward and parishioner?
An Orthodox Christian Steward is an active participant in the life of the Church. The parish encourages all who accept the Orthodox Faith to become practicing Stewards. Each year the Steward is expected to carefully review his or her personal circumstances and make a commitment of time, talent, and treasure to support the Parish and her Ministries, which in turn support the National Ministries of our Archdiocese, Metropolises, and institutions.
What are my duties as a steward and parishioner of St George church?
The religious, moral, and social duties of parishioners at the St George Greek Orthodox Church are to apply the tenets of the Orthodox Faith to their life and to accomplish the following in faith:
- One must adhere to and live according to the tenets of the Orthodox Faith.
- Faithfully attend the Divine Liturgy and other worship services. Participate regularly in the Holy Sacraments.
- Respect all ecclesiastical authority and all governing bodies of the Church and be obedient in matters of faith, practice, and ecclesiastical order.
- Contribute towards the progress of the Church’s sacred mission.
- Be an effective witness and example of the Orthodox Faith and Traditions to all people.
- Registration shows you belong. It is a statement of faith and confidence in the work of your parish.
Where does my giving go?
St George ministries and operations are directly funded by our Stewardship program.
Specifically, your financial contributions help our church:
- Provide religious services, sacraments, religious counseling
- Minister to our communities and those in need
- Maintain and operate our Church, the office, and all church facilities
- Support and grow Cultural Ministry’s activities
How much can I give?
You can choose the membership level that works best for you:
- Stewardship Pledge of : $450/year
- Stewardship Pledge first time : $200/year
- Benefactor (Ευεργέτης): $100/month
What are your benefits as a registered parishioner?
- Membership in our mailing list for important parish updates and events.
- Obtaining Baptism and Marriage certificates.
- Receiving donation and end-of-year statements for your recorded contributions for income taxes.
- Receiving a free subscription to our monthly newsletter.
- Receiving numbered contribution envelopes for weekly, monthly, and special collections at Church.
- Establishing emergency contacts, for the parish staff/clergy can reach out to on your behalf.
- Vote for select the Parish Council